Thursday, October 11, 2007

Good Food

I have to give props to a good friend of mine. Four years ago at the CCDA conference (2003) Matt taught me how to eat out when you travel to a city you are not familiar with. The key is to ask the hotel staff where you are staying where they (and the other locals) like to eat. A good place to start is with the concierge desk. From them you can pick up a map of the area (sometimes with the local restaurants already marked). That is exactly what I did yesterday when I got into St. Louis for the CCDA conference. The concierge told me that St. Louis is known for its Italian. That was a surprise to me. However, she told me about an Italian place call Charlie Gitto's about 2 blocks from the hotel. First, it wasn't listed on the map or dinning guide that I picked up from her. Second, it didn't look like a type of restaurant I would normally enter without a recommendation. I usually like the places that look professional. Third, it was very good Italian. So Matt, "Thank you!"

No comments: