Wednesday, October 10, 2007

At CCDA Conference & Steve Harvey Video


I am in St. Louis for the CCDA conference. This is my fifth year in a row to attend this conference. It is always a great time to get away and hear from others doing urban ministry. The worship tonight was some of the best in the five years I have attended the conference. The speaker tonight was from the Dominican Republic and has a great message about the way things are done in the Kingdom of God verses the Empire (the world). I know that come Saturday afternoon I have to come down from this mountaintop experience and reenter the "real" world. In some ways I am already looking forward to that. There are some real opportunities awaiting me back in the greater Memphis area. I will share more about those in the future.

I also wanted to share a video clip that was used to kick off our evening and worship tonight. It is of Steve Harvey introducing Jesus. It was filmed at Atlanta's Phillips Arena at Bishop T.D. Jakes Megafest and is entilted "Don't Trip...He Ain't Through With Me Yet. I came back to my hotel room tonight and found it online. (Be patient--it may take a minute to load. But trust me it is worth it.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey mack attack, hope your cup is being filled this week. Thanks for sharing the video, can you imagine what it would have been like to be there?

Can't wait to here about the opportunities you say that are waitng on you back in M town.

How goes the partner search?