Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Neice

Yesterday, about this time my sister gave birth to a baby girl. Her name is Nevaeh Marie (born 8:58 eastern; Oct 22nd; 7 lbs 3 1/2 oz). Her first name is Heaven spelled backwards. To be honest, I have mixed emotions about this birth of this baby. On the one hand I am excited and happy for my sister. I love her and will love this addition to our family as well. I was constantly checking my phone for texts and phone calls for updates on the status of the birth. On the other hand, my sister is 18. I have seen the consequences of teenage pregnancy and witnessed cycles repeated over and over. I am concerned for my sister and Nevaeh. I don't believe any child is a mistake. And I do believe that good came come of this. I do believe that God can take this situation and do things far greater than I know to ask or can imagine. My prayer is just that. "Daddy God, take this new life and bring glory to your name through it."

To my sister, "Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures and met Nevaeh face to face."

1 comment:

Momma J said...

We share your prayers Mack! And your love for Sheryl and Nevaeh.