Friday, August 01, 2008

Ten

Ten years today! Today my wife and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. As I have looked back over the past ten years today we have been through a lot--some stressful and tough but most of it good. We have lived five different places in our marriage. However, for the past seven plus years we have been in the Memphis metro area. Life right now is good. We both have good jobs. We love being in our house. We love our dog. We love our friends.

Although we could not afford to go somewhere special this weekend later this fall we will return to the site of our honeymoon for a marriage retreat. So, we both took the day off from work and have enjoyed the day together.

This morning we went to the Memphis Zoo. Amy loves the zoo. The Memphis Zoo is working on improving the quality of the living spaces for the animals. Over the past several years the zoo has added a China exhibit including pandas and the Northwest Passage for bears, bald eagles, seals, etc. Over the next two years two more new major exhibit areas will be opened. We enjoyed looking at the animals, but the temperature quickly rose to almost 100 degrees. So we stayed for a few hours and left around 1:30. We have been lazy around the house this afternoon recouping the energy the sun took from us at the zoo. We are now getting ready to go to dinner at Texas de Brazil.

All in all I am very thankful for my life and my wife. I don't know that there is another woman out there who would love me like she does. Ten years ago at our wedding I played Billy Dean's "If There Hadn't Been You" to her. Those words are even more true now. There is so much that I have done and I am where I am today because of her. I pray that God will give us many more years together.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! What a great accomplishment!! Love you!!!

Bob, Sarah, and Miriam Logsdon said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys! Ten years - wow! Miss you both and hope all is well in West Memphis. Mack, I'll have to wait until I see you to take sides in the hair debate! Sarah

Bob, Sarah, and Miriam Logsdon said...

Mack and Amy, congrats! 10 years! That is a lot of livin' and lovin'. Amy..I think the hair cut looks pretty good. He's got some hair unlike some people I know who live in Tulsa. Grace and peace.
Bob