Friday, June 27, 2008

Blog Potatoe

I admit to being a blog potatoe. Part of that is the transitions my life has been going through and the things that I have been thinking about--most of which are not ready for this forum. Another part of it is that I haven't really believed that I have had anything worth writing about. I look at my sister's blog and most of it is about her 3 kids and the things they are doing. When kids are involved there is definately a lot of stuff to write about. However, when all I do is get up, go to work, come home to work and relax, go to bed, and do it all over again there isn't much there to write about (at least I think).

I have been on my job for 3 months now. Development and PR for a religious non-profit (not a 501(c)3 but a ministry of a church) is somewhat different from what I used to do but still very similiar. I have discovered that I am very good at project manangement. That is how I approached my last job as a minister (and why I needed to get out of full-time ministry) and it is how I am approaching this job. This job is much more about projects and deadlines--fundraisers, newsletters, events, etc. I am enjoying it.

For now I am signing off. I will do my best not to go so long between blog posts. God Bless

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad to hear something from you and maybe to some of us your blog is not "worthless" to read. We like hearing from you b/c we love you!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well and you're finding your niche. I'm also glad to see a new post! :) Everyday (almost) I go through to check and see if any of my friends have posted something new to their blog, so I'm glad to see something other than "Grandmother." ;) Take care.
Matt Bogard