Monday, January 23, 2006

An Encouraging Message

I had a rare experience last Monday night. In fact, I don’t remember it happening before Monday night. It started about 9:45 as Amy and I were heading toward bed. My phone beeped indicating I received a text message. The message read “remember God loves you no matter what.” The problem was, I didn’t know who sent it. I didn’t recognize the phone number it came from (I didn’t have it stored already in my phone) and the sender didn’t sign it. Through a series of text messages back and forth I found out it was one of our church members.

I can’t tell you how much that lifted my spirits. Our church members often pray for us (the ministers) at church. But that was a first for me in the five years that Amy and I have been at Wonder City. For the first time someone took a moment to let me know they were thinking about me outside of church. For the first time someone took a moment to encourage me. For the first time the encourager became the encouraged.

No comments: