Monday, October 09, 2006

Technology Woes

Technology is a great thing…until it doesn’t work like you want it to. For the past two weeks I have not been a happy technology camper. Right before I left for 4 days to attend the Christian Community Development Association Conference in Philadelphia (Sept 27-30), my ethernet connection on my computer went bad. Thankfully, my computer is still under warranty. However, I needed to take my laptop with me, so I packed it up and carried my wireless card with me to Philly. Last year at the conference they had a wonderful setup with a free wireless area. So this year I was hoping (and expecting) for the same. I get to Philly and no wireless. In fact the Starbuck’s in the hotel lobby wasn’t even a hotspot. So as soon as I returned to Memphis, I called Dell. However, it was noon Thursday last week before my computer was fixed and I could check emails and do other business. In fact, for two days I had to use my secretary’s computer because mine was completely unusable.

Hopefully, now that I am back in business, my technology will continue to function properly and my updates will not be so far apart. See below for a new post—“Broken Doors.”

God Bless

No comments: