Friday, July 25, 2008

New Job & Vision Dinner

I haven't talked a lot on my blog about my (relatively) new job. I am now the Development Director for Memphis Urban Ministry (MUM). This is the same organization that I was very closely connected to for my seven years at Wonder City. MUM is one of the groups that helped start Wonder City and that still blesses the ministry at Wonder City. My role in Development here involves two primary tasks--fundraising and public relations. Of course, Amy and I are still involved in ministry. We have started attending worship at Raleigh Community CoC--another of the urban churches here in the Memphis area. We are both still adjusting and getting to know the people at Raleigh.

One of the Development pieces that was already being planned when I started this job was our annual (although we have missed a couple years recently) Vision Dinner. This year marks a big step in process for our Vision Dinner. For the first time all the planning is being done by a volunteer planning committee. I am the liason between them and the rest of the MUM staff. This year the MUM staff will not have to be the volunteer setup and clean up staff. Also this year the dinner is being moved out of one of our sponsoring church's gym/family life center. This year's dinner will be at Opera Memphis. I would love for as many of my blog readers as possible to come join us on Saturday, September 6th from 6-8 pm.

No comments: